Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday, Jan. 16 Seminar

I'm so excited to 'blog' that I couldn't wait until after Friday.  So if you want to respond here - fine.  If not, you can wait until after Friday's class.

I really appreciate your attention over the long time span and through the heat in the room.  Thank you.  I also appreciate your thorough responses to the reflection.  There were some excellent suggestions given!  I will post the slides after tomorrow's seminar.

1. We will inform you and answer all your questions, and you will have your placements when you leave seminar next week.  

2. I will not 'assign' your placements. You will choose your placement, grade level, and content area as much as possible unless they're all gone.  Actually, I think I'll put the names of the schools here so you can look them up if you want. Remember - you MUST sign up for an experience you have not had.  If you went to a suburban school you may NOT go to a suburban school this term.  

3. As far as the issue of changing the grade level licensure bands, we have no idea when that will actually take place.  There is no reason to 'worry'.  Change is not necessarily a bad thing - it's often wonderful!  This is an Ohio issue; it's not nationwide.

4. For student teaching, you will teach in both of your content areas.

5.  If you want to discuss placements for student teaching, that needs to be done at the field placement office on the 4th floor.  However, you pretty much need to go where they send you because they have to have supervisors and placements available.  About the only way you can get a request fulfilled is if there's a prove 'need'.

6.  We will review Domains B and C next week.  I'm sorry I forgot to conclude the post it activity.  It's not that big of a deal... but you're right, I needed to close that.

7. Here are the possible placement locations and the school type:
      Byrnedale - Toledo Public Schools - outer city
      Eisenhower - Oregon Schools - rural
      Fassett - Oregon City Schools - suburban
      DeVeaux - TPS - inner city
      Leverette - TPS - inner city
      Timberstone - Sylvania - suburban
      Springfield Middle School - Holland - suburban
      Otsego - Otsego - rural
      Patrick Henry Schools - Hamler - rural

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and having on line discussions!!

Diann

21 comments:

Kaylin Atkinson said...

Hey! Thanks so much for posting the school along with the type of school it is. I think it will really help me to look them up!See you Friday bright and early!

Anonymous said...

I really liked this seminar. It was very informative and a lot of fun. I like your teaching style.
Sarah Howerton

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling us what schools we can pick from. That helps alot. The seminar was really fun. I can't wait for next Wednesdays seminar and class this tomorrow. Thank you again

Anonymous said...

you are a very fun teacher and u make your lessons exciting and interesting! i also learned a lot from the seminar. thanks!
Rachael Yeager

Anonymous said...

I like the seminar on Wednesday. It was nice to go back and review the domains. The activities were a lot of fun. Thanks!
kristi wisehart

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting back to me on the post it activity. I knew it wasn't a big deal probably to finish it, but I just kind of wanted to because it has been awhile since I have discussed domains. It just would have been some extra reinforcement for me:)
Megan Brautigam

Anonymous said...

I really liked how you broke up the long seminar by having us get up and move around to put the sticky notes on the posters and such; it really helped to stay focused when we were not just sitting and listening for 2 hours. Also like many other students said, thanks for posting the school options so we have time to look them over! See you on Wednesday!
Kelly Mogg (Fridays 9:30)

Anonymous said...

I loved today's lecture about the differences between Jr. High and Middle school. I wasn't even aware that there was a difference.
Sarah Howerton

Anonymous said...

I really liked the seminar,It was very imformative and helpful. I liked all the activities we did in class. I also like the quick review over the pathwise domains
Leeann Huey

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling us what schools are available. The seminar was very informative and I enjoyed the break up in class to keep us attnetive in what you had to say.
Regina Buzzard

Anonymous said...

The seminar was extremely helpful. I learned a lot of information about MCE and the praxis examinations.
Jocelyn Ardell

Anonymous said...

The Seminar was really helpful and very interesting! :) I liked how you gave us time to meet our classmates and to move around the room! Looking forward to the next Seminar!
Becky Miadock

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting the field placement options... it will help me to decide which school I want to go to so on Wednesday I'm ready to choose my placement. I really enjoy this class becasue it's so informative and I can't wait to actually get into the classroom so I can start applying what we've learned in class.
Have a good 3-day weekend everybody!!
LeAnna Pickerel 9:30

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the schools ahead of time so we can get a chance to check them out before deciding which we'd like to attend. Thanks again!

Amanda Shedron 9:30 class

Anonymous said...

Along with everyone else, I'm happy about the posting of the schools and what type of school they are. I'm really glad we get the opportunity to pick which school we'll be working on to broaden our experience.

Thanks for addressing my concerns about the licensure bands. I thought it was a nationwide thing.

Michelle Smith
(10:30)

Anonymous said...

The seminar was very resourceful! There is always so much important information to share regarding licensure and other things that everybody must know. It's so helpful!

Anonymous said...

I love this class so much more than the big lecture last semester. It's more personable, and I feel as though I'm learning a lot of things I knew nothing about before. Thanks a ton Ms. Brown!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the schools. However, when will we sign up for which school we would like to go to?

BGDB said...

Thanks for all the positive comments. However, it's ok to let me know what needs fixed as well.

You'll pick your placements at seminar this week.

Stay warm.
Diann

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the schools list. I'm excited to see where I'm going to be going this semester!

Anonymous said...

Remember to sign your name to your comments.

Diann